Director, eCommerce and Digital Products
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence.
As we often say, it starts with all of our people – and that’s where you come in. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Director of eCommerce and Digital Products. We wholeheartedly adopt a ‘never idle’ mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
*VALVOLINE WORLD HEADQUARTERS IS LOCATED IN LEXINGTON, KY, BUT WE INVITE REMOTE CANDIDATES TO APPLY AS WELL. WE ARE OPEN TO CANDIDATES WORKING IN 100% REMOTE CAPACITY, AND WILLING TO TRAVEL TO HQS QUARTERLY.
How You’ll Make and Impact
The Director of eCommerce and Digital Properties will have four primary buckets of responsibility: managing website strategy and execution for key web properties across the Valvoline organization; running eCommerce channels for Global Products; working with external agencies in the short term (and potentially building internal capabilities in the long term) to buy digital media/advertising and potentially leading the launch of the first direct to consumer sales effort for the organization.
In the role, you would be responsible for:
Website strategy, content strategy, content creation, UX, visual design, and development for Valvoline.com, TeamValvoline.com, and any future Global Products web properties – including cross-business website strategy which contemplates the relationship and interaction between sites in the ecosystem. SEO strategy to ensure that organic search opportunity for the ecosystem is maximized in support of business objectives
Providing daily supervision of hourly team members to ensure they are working safely and meeting quality and production standards
KPI definition and reporting for Valvoline.com, TeamValvoline.com, and future websites – working closely with a centralized resource dedicated to web analytics to ensure reporting is aligned with KPIs. Accountability for website performance
Collaboration with the marketing to ensure that campaign landing pages, campaign microsites, online promotions, and other online destinations for media are optimized for user experience, web best practices, and conversion to desired actions
Work with external agencies and team to oversee media strategy development and placement across digital marketing channels and manage paid search
Launch of new direct-to-consumer sales channel for consumer products including pricing, marketing, coordination with supply chain, and complete P&L management
Responsible for eCommerce strategy for Valvoline consumer-facing channels including, but not limited to Amazon and eBay. Specific responsibilities include management of product pricing to mitigate channel impact across Core North America, development and implementation of marketing tactics to drive sales, determination of appropriate product offerings on each website, and coordination with the supply chain to ensure customer delivery requirements are met
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Minimum five years in a digital marketing leadership role with direct reports
Experience running Amazon and DTC platforms
- Familiarity with Optimizely (EPiServer) or other eCommerce platforms
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Search Console
- Familiarity with JIRA and Confluence
- Solid strategic mindset with a demonstrated ability to distill and synchronize multiple inputs to develop fact-based and strategically sound recommendations and express them in a clearly articulated, persuasive manner
- Strong aptitude for data analytics and data-based decision making
- Strong accountability to deliver results
- Collaborative influencer and relationship builder with the ability to coordinate cross-functional teams and align marketing VPs across BUs
- Ability to establish a productive dialogue at multiple levels of the organization with varied disciplines including channel leads, IT, research, finance, and others
- Ability for and passion to inspire, motivate and develop staff
- Strong background in agency evaluation, selection, and management
- Demonstrated understanding of the confluence of technology, consumer psychology, UX, and creativity; with the ability to move fluidly between disciplines and integrate them into experiences that persuade consumers to take the desired action
- Experience with consumer product-focused eCommerce – including Amazon, eBay, and mass-market retailers
- Proven track record successfully managing Paid Search.
- Knowledge of web personalization, A/B, and Multivariate testing
- Content development expertise
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S
What Will Set You Apart
- Google AdWord certifcation
- Strong mobile background. Experience with mobile apps
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
Valvoline is committed to protecting the health of our current and future team members and our customers. COVID-19 vaccines will be required for certain positions and situations effective January 4, 2022, including new U.S. employees joining our company. For more information, you may speak with a member of our HR team during your recruitment process.
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Females and minorities encouraged to apply. Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.