STARLIMS provides leading Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) solutions that have served customers around the world for more than 30 years. STARLIMS solution suite helps to improve the reliability of laboratory sampling processes, manage complex testing workflows and analytical methods, support compliance with global regulatory requirements and industry standards, and provide comprehensive reporting, monitoring, and analysis capabilities. With multiple support centers throughout the world, STARLIMS solutions are used in labs across multiple industries and disciplines including pharma & biotech, life sciences, food & beverage, manufacturing, petrochemical refineries and oil & gas, chemical, public health, forensics and environmental.
STARLIMS is seeking a software engineer to assist with designing LIMS and related software solutions for a range of different industries with a variety of programming languages. This role is a perfect fit for someone who’s passionate about providing software solutions that power cutting-edge research across the globe.
- Responsible for implementing and designing LIMS and related software solutions across a variety of industries, using different programming languages, while adhering to a formalized Software Development Lifecycle.
- Develops products under a Quality Management System (QMS) to meet regulatory requirements and established coding standards.
- Authors documentation, leveraging Good Documentation Practice (GDP), to capture functional software requirements, detailed designs, verification and validation test cases, code reviews and other supporting artifacts as defined by the SDLC.
- Engages directly with the customer or the business analysis specialist to understand and translate the business needs into technical, tangible designs and solutions.
- Support the products created and customers throughout their production lifecycle to address findings or enhance their solutions.
- Works closely with a technical leader to deliver products and solutions within the designated time, budget, and contractual expectations.
- Works in a cross‐functional team with BAs, Engineers, Product Managers, Project Managers, and interacts with other key‐members of different departments.
- Works independently, with minimal supervision from management.
- Directly derives implementation estimations at the pre‐sales stage and throughout the course of the project as input for re‐baselining a project plan.
- Technically lead other engineers to deliver project implementations.
- Provides technical guidance and insight to peers and other engineers.
- Responsible for implementing and designing back‐end solutions (i.e. SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle).
- Responsible for interfacing, building, publishing, and consuming APIs, specifically web services using SOAP and REST standards, to interface with other solutions such as instruments and and 3rd party applications.
- Responsible for software testing, such as factory acceptance testing in the form of verification and validation.
- Authors a variety of documents and artifacts (i.e. software requirements, detailed design, test cases, code reviews) as defined in the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Engages customer directly to derive solutions.
- Resolves product and/or customer findings to ensure stability of solution developed and delivered.
- Responsible in providing lead technical oversight to other engineers to develop software.
- Code review peer engineers’ work.
- Assist in pre‐sales activities to provide technical guidance, demos, and insight to other parts of the organization.
- Assist in estimation during pre‐sales and throughout the course of the project.
- Provided opportunity to fully lead, manage, and own projects implementations, under the governance of Project Management practice.
- Assists with team‐adoption of different implementation methodologies such as Agile‐Scrum.
- Derive best‐practices for software implementations.
- Assist in co‐developing standard operating procedures for engineering processes.
- Responsible for training other engineers and newly onboarding team‐members.
- Travel up to 20% for on‐site implementations, trainings, and other engagements.
- Assist or provide technical oversight on global projects.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of work and education.
- Experience: 8-12 years.
- Experience in developing software, both front‐end and back‐end solutions, in a rapid‐deployment environment, using object‐oriented languages in different frameworks (i.e. .NET, Sencha).
- Experience with writing SQL queries under Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Experience with iterative implementation methodologies such as Agile/Scrum.
- Experience with creating and using APIs, specifically SOAP and REST web services.
- Experience with customer engagement and communication. Experience with leading project implementations and working in cross‐functional teams.
- Experience with leading and managing other engineers, either directly or indirectly, through project implementations, end‐to‐end.
- Experience in medical device applications and other regulated environments is a plus.
- Experience with LIMS implementations and deployments is a plus.
The candidate will receive a competitive compensation and a benefits package
Remote-US or Remote-Canada