QM Software Developer II
STARLIMS provides leading Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) solutions that have served customers around the world for over 30 years. STARLIMS solution suite helps to improve the reliability of laboratory sampling processes, manage complex testing workflows and analytical methods, support compliance with global regulatory requirements and industry standards, and provide comprehensive reporting, monitoring, and analysis capabilities. With multiple support centers across the globe, STARLIMS solutions are used in labs across multiple industries and disciplines including pharma & biotech, life sciences, food & beverage, manufacturing, petrochemical refineries and oil & gas, chemical, public health, forensics and environmental offering an influx of global career opportunities.
STARLIMS software design and engineering: develop user interfacing, business rules, data management, or embedded system control applications.
- Interface business rules data management or embedded system control applications.
- Provide technical capabilities for planning and implementing system installation upgrade configuration and related change control and verification activities for Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) and oversee execution within the area of responsibility.
- Provide day-to-day support including problem resolution and coordination of operational activities.
- Research & evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations for improved system operations.
- Collaborate with the technical manager to engineer customer driven solutions and to meet the market requirements.
- Execute software development life cycle activities from software requirements.
- Design and implementation through testing and documentation while maintaining compliance to the development plans and practices.
- Uphold coding and documentation standards for project and/or product and manage deliverables for area of responsibility.
- Follow installation upgrade configuration and operating procedures for complex and multiple systems and support training and coaching of personnel on these practices.
- Understand business impact of supported systems establish and maintain technical support service levels and ensure that they are being met on a regular basis.
- Understand and apply the use of database monitoring and querying tools.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- 2+ Years Experience
- Programming: strong SQL capabilities and programming language and concepts:
- Quality System: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) management, Validation and Qualification, Administration of regulated applications, Change Management (data and configuration), System and Network Security, Disaster Recovery.
- TSQL, PL SQL
- OOP concepts and patterns
- Data structures and algorithms
- Source control systems: Git/TFVC
- Unit Testing
- Secure coding practices
- Performance and Scalability patterns
- MCSA or similar is a plus
- Scrum certification is a plus
- Documentation: SDLC Documentation, Installation Instructions, Change Requests, Test Protocols and Training Materials.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum and its application in ALM.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems and laboratory operations it’s a plus.
- Requires strong analytical and communication skills as well as sound judgment and the ability to work effectively with Business Analysts, Software Developers and customers.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills.
The candidate will receive a competitive compensation and a benefits package
STARLIMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.