With multiple support centers across the globe, STARLIMS solutions are used in labs across multiple industries and disciplines including pharma & biotech, life sciences, food & beverage, manufacturing, petrochemical refineries and oil & gas, chemical, public health, forensics and environmental offering an influx of global career opportunities.
The Product Owner, LIMS, is the core driver of the success of our products with a heavy focus on creating the requirements needed to develop the LIMS product required to drive STARLIMS product portfolio forward into the future. This role requires Agile expertise, experience writing requirements needed to keep an Agile development team executing successfully, creating the material to keep the business up-to-speed on the development process, and the ability to train sales, solutions consulting, and delivery on new releases. The Product Owner shall maintain product expertise for LIMS products and data management from R&D to manufacturing.
- Be the recognized expert and leader in the future development of our LIMS application.
- Own the detailed requirements for the evolution of our global LIMS application, including creating the requirements definition, concept validation, and risk/benefit analysis.
- Within the Product Management Group, become the “Subject Matter Expert” for all questions relative to the LIMS application.
- Lead the conversion to an Agile development organization.
- Key member of the Scrum team tasked with delivering features as committed through the roadmap.
- Work closely with Product Marketing on technical content, including but not limited to educational activities, sales enablement, technical sales, and service enablement.
- Develop relationships with customers and “Key Opinion Leaders” for feedback and to anticipate industry trends.
- Deliver regular reports on key metrics.
- Be recognized as a technical leader with an understanding of business needs and build relations with all stakeholders to secure a commitment from idea to market launch.
- Develop and update product documentation including, User Requirement Specification, Functional Requirement Specification, and Validation Documentation as required.
- 20% Participate in customer meetings, lead Alpha/Beta programs, lead pre-launch roadshows.
- 60% Working closely with R&D to ensure on-time delivery of releases.
- 20% Serve as Subject Expert, internally or externally. Duties include sales and service enablement, supporting sales with customer meetings, and working with marketing on blogs, white papers, webinars and other materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of Product Owner experience in an Agile Development Organization.
- Strong analytical skills, as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to influence and motivate individuals from R&D, sales, marketing, and other functional areas to drive product development and sales.
- Attention to details.
- Knowledge of the LIMS, ELN, or Informatics Products is a plus.
- Pharma, BioPharma, Biotech, Bioanalysis, and CRO/CDMO/CMO industry experience is a plus.
- Cloud expertise is a plus.
- Experience with technical and scientific information is a plus.
- Familiarity with industry regulatory requirements is a plus.
The candidate will receive a competitive compensation and a benefits package
Role is remote