Together we can fuel the future
Cloud Developer, DPE
Phillips 66 is seeking a Full Stack Cloud Developer to join the Digital Platform Enablement team under the
Enterprise Architecture organization. The team works on Cloud Patterns across AWS / Azure that are to be
consumed by a variety of business teams to accelerate their business innovation.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a background in AWS/Azure and infrastructure as code, building
tools to support cloud enablement; with a focus on achieving repeatable processes that accelerate deployments
of solutions of high value. In addition, you will enjoy creating rapid proof of concepts with novel technologies and
demonstrating results to stakeholders.
The ideal candidate has a passion for learning new things, has strong cloud foundations and is comfortable
working across different platforms and languages and is inspired by working in a collaborative, fast changing
environment with high degree of code sharing and reuse.
Our team members work in a Kanban team and enjoy learning new technologies and have a thirst for learning. If
this sounds like you, then Phillips66 could be the perfect place to grow your career.
This position can be located in Bartlesville, OK or Houston, TX.
Responsibilities May Include
- Staying up to date on modern PaaS offerings and be able to identify business use cases that are well
suited for the tool. Frequently this involves proof of concept deployments to quickly determine value
alignment with the business.
- Working closely with Data engineering, Operations, and information security teams to automate and
support infrastructure and tooling in cloud-based platforms.
- Leveraging infrastructure-as-code (IaC) to architect and provision all workload resources and components
using cloud-agnostic and/or cloud-native tooling.
- Applying automated deployment tool sets and infrastructure including environments and code management
using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes.
- Building solutions based on security, monitoring, logging, and alerting requirements. Integrating on premise
solutions with Cloud resources.
- Monitoring application performance and detect conditions affecting the health of IT cloud services in various
- Providing guidance and applying agile and DevOps/DevSecOps practices to streamline product delivery
and reliable operations of products.
- Identifying automation opportunities where possible to minimize all human interventions,
increase transaction speeds, and the flow of information.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 or more years of relevant experience working with cloud-based platforms in an enterprise environment,
including deployment and monitoring in either or both AWS and Azure
- 2 or more years of relevant software engineering experience in a team-based environment
- Ability to describe and rationalize an application architecture
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills to effectively communicate to both technical and nontechnical
audiences adjusting style to fit the target audience including multiple levels of management
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools
- Experience with Git/ Azure DevOps
- Experience with Node
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- Cloud Certified DevOps Engineer (AWS, Azure, other)
- Significant and relevant Oil & Gas or technical industry experience, especially downstream
- Advanced knowledge of container provisioning and management (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with Python
- Experience with .Net
Living our values earns us the confidence of our customers, co-workers and community. In our work, by trusting each other, we are more productive and agile as an organization. We champion inclusion so that we can realize superior results. We go above and beyond to enable our future.
Details about this job:
- Supervisor: Adam Justin Hopkins
- Location: Bartlesville, OK or Houston, TX
- Division: Information Technology
- Job Field: Information Technology
- Relocation: US – Domestic Relocation Policy
- Job Grade: 11-14
To be considered:
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Phillips 66 is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities