Software Development Manager
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
What is the first thing you think of when I mention Logitech? If you are like most people, you are probably thinking keyboard, mouse and webcam. However, did you know that Logitech is the market leader in Video Collaboration (VC) equipment in the enterprise market? In fact, we sell more VC equipment than the next two competitors combined!
We are a fast paced, nimble group with a mission to make the Video Conferencing experience for the remote participant better than being physically in the conference room by using technologies such as Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT). Our group is run like a startup, by people who have a track record of leading teams in other startups and/or top tier technology companies such as Netflix and Amazon and the results speak for themselves. Our group have consistently had mid to high double-digit growth over the past several years and the growth continues to accelerate
We are looking for talented engineers and leaders to join our growing team innovators and go-getters to deliver the next set of revolutionary products. Ideal candidates will exhibit a high degree of ownership, independent thinking, a die-hard, can do attitude with a burning desire to challenge and change the status quo.
Do you have what it takes to board this rocket ship and redefine an entire industry? If so, we can’t wait to talk to you and bring you on-board 🙂
We are looking for a Software Development Manager. Overall, this Manager will be leading a team that will own the delivery of newly approved products, including development of critical product specific features and managing dependencies from other teams.
- Build out a team of high functioning software engineers with wide breadth of knowledge in complex embedded systems based on Embedded Linux or Android
- Manage a group of Software developers with high degree of ownership to drive end to end delivery of software modules for new products
- Work with Product managers to finalize requirements, negotiate timelines and set realistic expectations
- Work with other functional software teams to understand dependencies and get their commitments
- Identify software functions that your teams need to own, review software design that your teams produce, guide them to provide estimates and drive these to completion following the Agile software development process
- Make sure all dependencies are being delivered on time and escalate as needed to help unblock teams
- Post release, handle customer escalations, issues and new feature requests until the product is either end of lifed or the maintenance is handed over to a software support team
- Manage the development of proof of concepts to explore feasibility novel initiatives
- At least 5 years experience in hiring and managing high performance teams
- At least 5 years as a hands-on embedded Linux and/or Android using C/C++, both designing complex software solutions and implementing the code for multiple complex real world embedded products
- At least 5 years experience in delivering high-complexity consumer electronics product and supporting large-scale, commercially successful products in the field
- Bachelors degree or higher, specializing in Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications or Computer Science
- High degree of ownership and strong customer focus with a ‘go-getter’ attitude that is contagious
- Proven track record to think operate both tactically and strategically, helping teams focus on the big picture, while not sacrificing short-term objectives
- Demonstrable ability to understand customer issues at a technical level and influence multiple engineering teams on bug triage and prioritization of issues
- Quick learner, inquisitive with excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Software design/development experience on the entire Android stack
- Experience with video cameras, ISP pipelines
- Experience with vendor engagement and negotiation
- Experience with Qualcomm and MediaTek SOCs
- Some experience with Computer Vision and Machine Learning
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you’d like to learn more about this position or apply, please reach out to Kacy today!