Senior Security Quality Engineer
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
What is the first thing you think of when I mention Logitech? If you are like most people, you are probably thinking keyboard, mouse and webcam. However, did you know that Logitech is the market leader in Video Collaboration (VC) equipment in the enterprise market? In fact, we sell more VC equipment than the next two competitors combined!
We are a fast paced, nimble group with a mission to make the Video Conferencing experience for the remote participant better than being physically in the conference room by using technologies such as Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT). Our group is run like a startup, by people who have a track record of leading teams in other startups and/or top tier technology companies such as Netflix and Amazon and the results speak for themselves. Our group have consistently had mid to high double-digit growth over the past several years and the growth continues to accelerate
We are looking for talented engineers and leaders to join our growing team innovators and go-getters to deliver the next set of revolutionary products. Ideal candidates will exhibit a high degree of ownership, independent thinking, a die-hard, can do attitude with a burning desire to challenge and change the status quo.
Do you have what it takes to board this rocket ship and redefine an entire industry? If so, we can’t wait to talk to you and bring you on-board 🙂
Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team.
We are looking for a Senior Security Quality Engineer who can think out of the box and define how to validate product security and continuously invest in making our products more secure.
Ideal candidates can come from many different backgrounds — you may be a software quality engineer who is passionate about security, have already worked in product security teams, or you’ve had experience working as a security quality consultant.
Product Security goes beyond finding and eliminating security vulnerabilities in our products; we want to stop them occurring in the first place. As a team, we’re passionate about root cause analysis; training and awareness; driving security in product road maps; and improving on core frameworks, infrastructure or detection tooling.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. Leave your ego at the door when you come to work every day. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Drive definition of security test plans and execution
- Build scripts and tools for automating validation of device security
- Support pentesting and other security activities
- Define security state of the devices and report out
- Continuously monitor systems security as new builds roll off and recommend/drive corrections, as needed
- Good experience working with network appliances and/or IOT endpoints
- Experience with programming in python, bash and other scripting languages
- Good knowledge of PKI namely, ciphers like AES,3DES, hash functions like MD5, SHA-1,2,3, cryptography like RSA, DSA, ECC
- Experience developing automation scripts using UnitTest, PyTest or equivalent test framework for Android based devices
- Good knowledge of Android security test suites and what capabilities are tested
- Good knowledge of device security like bootloader locking/unlocking, fusing, debugging and collecting logs and minimal triaging
- Able to generate metrics, reports to communicate the current state of the system
- Must have built tools to automate system testing using adb
- Good experience working with tools like wireshark, USB analyzers etc for collecting traffic on network interfaces/USB etc.
- Have supported all aspects of device security validation on at least one commercial device
- Have supported device validation for pentesting readiness
- Advanced knowledge of revision control and code review tools like git, gerrit and build infrastructure like gradle, maven, jenkins
- Must have mentored other junior engineers and get the job done with a high sense of ownership and responsibility
- Must have good knowledge of how to configure and work with firewalls, proxies, 802.1x, Ethernet, Wifi, BT/BLE
- Must have good knowledge of intrusion detection, malware, viruses and other types of threats to the devices
- Security assessment methodologies
- Security assessment methodologieso Common security flaws in two or more modern tech stacks. For example:
- Android mobile applications/frameworks
- Cloud connected Services
- Security by designSecurity by designo
- Ability to read and understand threat modelling (e.g. STRIDE, DREAD, etc.)
- Understand how IOT devices/appliances are secured in general and best practices
- Security Certifications
- Have a good understanding of various certifications and how to validate the device against them and identify gapso
- EN 303 645, CALIFORNIA SB-327,CCPA, GDPR, FIPS 140-2, IoT security compliance framework, FedRAMP, ISO/IEC 27000
- BCBS, BSCE or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you’d like to learn more about this position or apply, please reach out to Kacy today!