Senior Offensive Security Engineer
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
What is the first thing you think of when I mention Logitech? If you are like most people, you are probably thinking keyboard, mouse and webcam. However, did you know that Logitech is the market leader in Video Collaboration (VC) equipment in the enterprise market? In fact, we sell more VC equipment than the next two competitors combined!
We are a fast paced, nimble group with a mission to make the Video Conferencing experience for the remote participant better than being physically in the conference room by using technologies such as Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT). Our group is run like a startup, by people who have a track record of leading teams in other startups and/or top tier technology companies such as Netflix and Amazon and the results speak for themselves. Our group have consistently had mid to high double-digit growth over the past several years and the growth continues to accelerate
We are looking for talented engineers and leaders to join our growing team innovators and go-getters to deliver the next set of revolutionary products. Ideal candidates will exhibit a high degree of ownership, independent thinking, a die-hard, can do attitude with a burning desire to challenge and change the status quo.
Do you have what it takes to board this rocket ship and redefine an entire industry? If so, we can’t wait to talk to you and bring you on-board 🙂
Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team.
We are looking for a Senior Offensive Security Engineer who will be the founder of this new team that will scale our abilities in attacking the devices and identify vulnerabilities early on.
Ideal candidates can come from many different backgrounds — you may be a software engineer who is passionate about security, a bug bounty researcher, have already worked in product security teams, or you’ve had experience working as a security consultant.
Product Security goes beyond finding and eliminating security vulnerabilities in our products; we want to stop them occurring in the first place. As a team, we’re passionate about root cause analysis; training and awareness; driving security in product road maps; and improving on core frameworks, infrastructure or detection tooling.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. Leave your ego at the door when you come to work every day. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Lead and mentor the team that will focus on offensive security
- Develop plans for testing the various interfaces on the device including hardware and software
- Identify best in class tools to accomplish the goals
- Continuously improve our abilities to attack a device
- Provide leadership in this domain
- Must have performed penetration testing on IOT devices and other appliances running windows, Android, Linux and other operating systems
- Deep knowledge of penetration testing of network interfaces like WiFI/Ethernet with tools and processes
- Good knowledge of testing BT/BLE interfaces with tools and processes
- Must have developed some custom tools and crafted custom messages to inject threats and assess how the device holds up
- Good knowledge of the device boot process and how to assess and generate threats that can make the device fail to boot or modify the boot parameters that change the state of the device
- Good understanding of modern operating systems Linux, Android, Yocto and what security mechanisms exist in the various components including known vulnerabilities
- Advanced knowledge of revision control and code review tools like git, gerrit and build infrastructure like gradle, maven, jenkins
- Advanced programming skills in scripting languages, Python, Bash etc
- Good knowledge of pentesting cloud apis
- Good knowledge of programming languages, C/C++/Java and how to write secure code
- Advanced knowledge of cryptography cipher suites, PKI, symmetric and asymmetric cryptography
- Good knowledge of how TLS sessions are established, how encryption works and how to protect/secure a network or infrastructure
- Any relevant certifications like Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)• Any relevant certifications like Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Advanced knowledge of other certifications like FedRAMP, FIPS 140-2, etc and how to qualify the device for compliance
- Lead other engineers and mentored them, groomed them and got the best results from the team
- BCBS, BSCE or equivalent with 5+ years of relevant experience required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you’d like to learn more about this position or apply, please reach out to Kacy today!