Senior Systems Engineer–Headsets
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
Our Video Collaboration products help companies stay connected and can be found in the conference rooms of some of the biggest businesses in the world. We are a small nimble group and we are growing our engineering team. We create amazing experiences in the conference room using creative design, surprising science, and innovation. We love what we do because we are passionate about connecting people and we use the products we create every day to stay connected to our team.
Want to be part of this team of collaboration innovators? We are looking for a talented Senior Headset Systems Engineer to be part of a small team of developers focused on making Logitech headsets an amazing experience and the products you create will be used by thousands of people every day.
Who You Are:
- You will have passion to work on new and disruptive techniques such as AI/deep learning/machine learning solutions in the field of improving audio processing.
- You will have practical knowledge and success bringing up hardware systems
- You will have practical knowledge of audio streaming and compression approaches for realtime audio communications
- You enjoy interacting with the product team to provide guidance for next generation products
- You will have skills and expertise in working with ODM manufacturers.
- You are very comfortable designing and documenting your system designs
- You will work as part of the System Engineering team help prototype and define technology roadmaps for future headset projects
- You will evaluate and analyze new software methodologies and hardware technologies
- You will be an active participant both as an individual contributor and development team member in new product development from concept into volume production
- Contribute to hardware architecture using your experience with Bluetooth, BLE, and wireless
- Work closely with product managers to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed and implemented components.
- Take ownership of the implementation of individual components, with high emphasis on quality, test-driven development, and sound engineering practices
- 10+ years experience in leading multi-disciplined technical teams
- Ability to read and understand EE circuits
- Ability to understand 3D mechanical engineering drawings
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols, including DECT, BT, BTE, wireless
- Knowledge of low power EE designs, battery usage/charging
- Knowledge of firmware coding, debugging, CPU memory and processor architecture
- Advanced expertise in hardware communication, including USB, I2S, I2SC, and UART
- Knowledge of basic realtime digital audio communication algorithms and approaches
- Knowledge of low-latency digital audio communication
- Experience developing realtime systems with low latency and high data rates
- Experience with Microsoft standardized testing of headsets
- Proficient in performance analysis and optimization techniques.
- Previous headset experience
- Experience using Source Control / Project Tracking systems (Github, Jenkins, Jira)
- Ability to lead technical engineers to build requirements, designs, and verification plans.
- Attention to details and ability to work independently
- Proficiency in coding with embedded C/C++
- Knowledge of audio compression/decompression algorithms and tradeoffs
- Implementation and verification of algorithms and audio features
- Experience with RF antenna design and standardized EMI testing approaches
B.S, M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer science, Electrical Engineering or a related field with 10+ years of relevant experience as an Engineer in Headset or personal audio equipment field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you’d like to learn more about this position or apply, please reach out to Kacy today!