Senior Imaging Engineer – IQ Tuning Focus
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
In this key role, you will be responsible for imaging/video for real time communication products (Video Conference Cameras, Webcams & Security Cams.)
You will be tasked with delivering amazing video image quality by combining image processing, computational photography, computer vision and Deep Learning.
You will be responsible for analyzing, designing, specifying and implementing video solutions addressing the needs of current and future generations of products in the area of overall objective and subjective image /video quality as well as integrate them in the current and future communication & networking ecosystem.
Your theoretical knowledge and hands-on expertise in imaging will be applied to all Video components of the camera system resulting in optimized and balanced performance.
You will add to our team by:
- Tuning Image Quality in color processing pipeline (Defective pixel correction, Color interpolation, Gamma, Denoise, Sharpness, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, …) and automatic feedback loops (AutoExposure, AutoWhiteBalance, AutoFocus).
- Creating best practices for Image Quality Tuning by understanding the real life user scenarios of video conference cameras.
- Devising improvement and customization of color processing pipeline and 3A to improve image quality.
- Extended future responsibilities can include developing algorithms for improving video image quality in areas of 3A, noise reduction, details retention, facial enhancement, etc.
- In depth working knowledge in camera ISP image processing algorithms and 3A.
- Experience in both objective image quality tuning in laboratory environments and subjective image quality in real world user scenarios.
- Hands-on experience in IQ development in embedded ISP systems.
- Experience in developing algorithm in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable:
- Auto White Balance
- Auto Exposure
- Auto Focus
- High Dynamic Range
- Auto Scene Detection
- Pixel processing such as Noise Reduction and Sharpening Filters
- Experience in ISP algorithms using Deep Learning techniques, such as Demosaic, Noise Reduction, Super-Resolution is a plus.
- Experience in computational photography is a plus.
Education and Skills:
- MS Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of relevant working experience in the multimedia, imaging processing field.
- Image Quality Tools such as Imatest or DxO
- C / C++ / Matlab / Python software programming
- OpenCV, Deep Learning a plus
- Linux and Android OS environments a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you’d like to learn more about this position or apply, please reach out to Kacy today!