Senior Imaging Engineer Algorithm Focus
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
In this key role, you will be responsible for imaging/video for real time communication products (Video Conference Cameras, Webcams & Security Cams.)
You will be tasked with delivering amazing video image quality by combining image processing, computational photography, computer vision and Deep Learning.
You will be responsible for analyzing, designing, specifying and implementing video solutions addressing the needs of current and future generations of products in the area of overall objective and subjective image /video quality as well as integrate them in the current and future communication & networking ecosystem.
Your theoretical knowledge and hands-on expertise in imaging will be applied to all Video components of the camera system resulting in optimized and balanced performance.
You will add to our team by:
- Implementing, optimizing and customizing AutoExposure, AutoWhiteBalance, AutoFocus, and HDR algorithms.c.
- Originating novel algorithms for improving video image quality in areas of pixel processing such as noise reduction, details retention, facial enhancement, etc…
- Creating new imaging features for improving subjective user experience of image quality by intelligent scene understanding.
- Applying image algorithms knowledge to get the best out of image quality tuning.
- Extended future responsibility can include creating new algorithms to improve image quality by utilizing Deep Learning and Computational Photography techniques.
- Indepth working knowledge in camera ISP image processing algorithms and 3A.
- Experience in developing algorithm in one or more of the following areas:
- Auto White Balance
- Auto Exposure
- Auto Focus
- High Dynamic Range
- Auto Scene Detection
- Pixel processing such as Noise Reduction and Sharpening Filters
- Hands-on experience in developing imaging algorithms in embedded ISP systems.
- Have interest in applying knowledge in imaging algorithms into real life image quality improvement.
- Have interest in understanding how to tune subjective image quality in consumer end user products.
- Experience in image quality tuning is a plus.
- Experience in ISP algorithms using Deep Learning techniques, such as Demosaic, Noise Reduction, Super-Resolution is a plus.
- Experience in computational photography is a plus.
Education and Skills:
- MS Computer Science or equivalent with 8+ years of relevant working experience in the multimedia, imaging processing field.
- Color Science, Camera Image Signal Processing, Digital Video
- Image Quality Tools such as Imatest or DxO
- C / C++ / Matlab / Python software programming
- OpenCV, Deep Learning a plus
- Linux and Android OS environments a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you’d like to learn more about this position or apply, please reach out to Kacy today!