Lead Device Support Engineer – Remote
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
What is the first thing you think of when I mention Logitech? If you are like most people, you are probably thinking keyboard, mouse and webcam. However, did you know that Logitech is the market leader in Video Collaboration (VC) equipment in the enterprise market? In fact, we sell more VC equipment than the next two competitors combined!
We are a fast paced, nimble group with a mission to make the Video Conferencing experience for the remote participant better than being physically in the conference room by using technologies such as Computer Vision/Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and Internet of Things (IoT). Our group is run like a startup, by people who have a track record of leading teams in other startups and/or top tier technology companies such as Netflix and Amazon and the results speak for themselves. Our group have consistently had mid to high double-digit growth over the past several years and the growth continues to accelerate
We are looking for talented engineers and leaders to join our growing team innovators and go-getters to deliver the next set of revolutionary products. Ideal candidates will exhibit a high degree of ownership, independent thinking, a die-hard, can do attitude with a burning desire to challenge and change the status quo.
Do you have what it takes to board this rocket ship and redefine an entire industry? If so, we can’t wait to talk to you and bring you on-board 🙂
We are looking for a Lead Device Support Engineer – Remote.
- Be at the front end of incoming customer escalations, triage issues and identify root cause or assign to an appropriate engineering team
- Work closely with Customer Support engineers and Sales Engineers to proactively communicate known issues and work arounds with past, current and upcoming releases
- Create tools and processes that would make it easier to diagnose incoming issues
- artner with QA and engineers to come up establish good practices to reduce Customer Found Defects and the turnaround time for resolving CFDs.
- At least 7 years of prior experience supporting a large scale embedded Linux or Android device
- At least 2 years leading a team of junior support engineers
- Comfortable with extracting and parsing through system logs on both embedded Linux and Android
- Comfortable troubleshooting issues across the device SW stack, from the Kernel/Driver layer to System Services, including AOSP Framework issues
- Comfortable with RegEx search tools such as grep and/or awk
- Ability to write small scripts to setup test beds for hard-to-reproduce issues
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability
- Good knowledge of scripting tools such as Linux Bash, Windows BAT and/or Python
- Comfortable with higher-level programming languages such as C, C++ and/or Java
- Experience building and managing a remote team of junior support engineers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you’d like to learn more about this position or apply, please reach out to Kacy today!