FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF SAN FRANCISCO
Our Work Protects the Dollars of Everyday Americans
LOCATION: Seattle, Washington
Why Work For The Fed?
Our work is in the pockets of each American. It fuels innovation and jump-starts dreams. We are the defenders of dollars—working hard to ensure the economic and financial stability of our country and our region.
Fulfilling Careers That Make a Difference
We like to say we work for the Fed, not at the Fed. That’s because the SF Fed is not just another employer or government agency. Here, you have the opportunity to become part of an important public service institution whose work touches lives across the globe. The thought of economic and monetary policies may lead you to think of the Federal Reserve as solely a banking organization. However, our work includes a broad range of disciplines.
The Facilities Engineer reports to the Facilities Supervisor and shall perform such duties as may be consistent with the functions of a Facilities Engineer. This role is going to be on call and that entails weekends as well. But will be 40hr work week but must be open for on call rotation though on weekends.
- You will Oversee, direct and/or perform maintenance service, inspection or repairs in HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, painting and plastering, welding, locks, door hardware, electrical/electronic repairs and installations.
- You will be responsible for assisting other skilled trades with construction, furniture moving, maintenance, repair, and preparation/cleanup work and/or independently performing work involving routine and minor maintenance and repair of buildings, equipment, fixtures, etc.
- The Facilities Engineer may operate calibration or test equipment, meters, power tools, pipe cutters, stationary shop tools, spray equipment, forklifts, soldering and welding equipment, refrigeration service equipment and various other hand or power tools.
- You will also maintain clean work areas. The Facilities Engineer is expected to perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- You will requisition new supplies and equipment as approved. You may be required to respond to an emergency situation within the building and will participate in a rotating on-call for off-hours emergencies.
- Responsible for executing and/or supervising, directing and participating in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of applicable electrical equipment, HVAC equipment, building control systems, systems involving electric and pneumatic air flow, water flow, gas/electric heating and cooling equipment, valves, apparatus and lines used in the distribution of heated, chilled or processed water, computerized building management system, variable frequency drive units, cameras, monitors, card-access system for turnstiles, doors etc., fire/life safety systems, radio communication equipment and Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- In charge of troubleshooting, maintenance, repairs and operations of specialty building electrical and mechanical systems including fire suppression, custodial equipment, drinking fountains, conveyors, currency residue transport/compaction system, currency transport units, vault mechanical components, side-reach lifts and other related equipment
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of specialty material handling equipment
- Direct, oversee and/or perform all preventive maintenance, equipment and space inspections as assigned • Adhere to industry safety practices during the performance of all work.
- Other duties as assigned Typical Work Week A typical work week consists of Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week. Shifts starting time may vary from 0400 to 0900.
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience
- Plumbing skills (pipe replacement)
- HVAC installation skills (VAV and ducting installation)
- CFC/EPA Universal Certification
- Manufacturer’s HVAC Certifications (Various HVAC and/or BAS Controls Related Topics)
- BAS Certifications (BACnet)
- C36 Plumbing Contractor’s License
- Knowledge of ATS and UPS Power Back Up Systems • Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions through quality troubleshooting
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Must be comfortable using a personal computer operating in a Windows-based environment and working in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity with a CMMS program
Work Hours, Conditions & Other Details
- 8:00 PM to 5:00 PM (PST), Monday – Friday
- Off hours support as required by project schedules or management
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- The candidate selected will be required to pass a background check including criminal, education and employment check
- This position may be filled at various levels based on candidates experience and department needs.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account
- Backup Child Care Program
- Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation, Days Sick Days, and Paid Holidays
- Pet Insurance
- Matching 401(k)