FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF SAN FRANCISCO
Our Work Protects the Dollars of Everyday Americans
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA (Remote for now until next year)
Why Work For The Fed?
Our work is in the pockets of each American. It fuels innovation and jump-starts dreams. We are the defenders of dollars—working hard to ensure the economic and financial stability of our country and our region.
Fulfilling Careers That Make a Difference
We like to say we work for the Fed, not at the Fed. That’s because the SF Fed is not just another employer or government agency. Here, you have the opportunity to become part of an important public service institution whose work touches lives across the globe. The thought of economic and monetary policies may lead you to think of the Federal Reserve as solely a banking organization. However, our work includes a broad range of disciplines.
The Facilities Engineer reports to the Facilities Supervisor and shall perform such duties as may be consistent with the functions of a Facilities Engineer. This role is going to be on call and that entails weekends as well. But will be 40hr work week but must be open for on call rotation though on weekends.
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is looking for a hands-on experienced IT professional to lead a team within our DevOps organization. In this role you will provide guidance to engineers allocated across multiple projects, execute and drive DevOps, automation and engineering solutions on premises and in the cloud.
As a technical leader, you will help execute against the vision and roadmap for DevOps modernization and cloud adoption within the organization. This role will also be responsible for leading a team of DevOps engineers to build and enhance automated deployment and testing capabilities including continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines.
Previous experience with DevOps automation and AWS cloud engineering is highly desired in conjunction with strong knowledge and working experience with DevOps and/or Site Reliability Engineering operating models.
- Provide leadership and support for the technical engineering team to ensure management and staff understand and meet delivery, financial, productivity, service, and quality goals.
- Work closely with staff and management team to formulate, implement and measure outcomes of strategic plans and goals. Assist with setting a vision for the future, including developing plans to meet or achieve business needs consistent with System IT Principles.
- Recruit, retain and foster development of a diverse team with an appropriate mix of technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills. Identify and develop staff with leadership and management potential.
- Develop, motivate, and evaluate performance of staff, which includes managing staff to identify developmental assignments and training opportunities, working with individuals on their career goals, delegating responsibilities, providing timely feedback and evaluating performance on any of the preceding duties.
- Implement the adoption of innovative technology practices and continuous improvement processes that deliver business value.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Department, Bank, and System policies, standards, service and quality measures, procedures, and controls to ensure the highest level of public confidence and operational integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in computer science, management information systems or comparable technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Typically has 7+ years of broad technical experience in one or more areas of information technology or management information systems. Experience to include managing complex projects, programs or technology platforms.
- 5 years of experience leading advanced technical teams or related support functions.
- 3 years of experience with responsibilities over DevOps or CI/CD engineering teams. Solid understanding of the DevOps ecosystem and technology stack (e.g. Maven, Jenkins, GitHub, Nexus, Subversion, GitHub, GitLab, Fortify, SonarQube).
- 3+ years of AWS Cloud hands on experience in implementing DevOps, driving CI/CD and cloud operations.
- 1+ years of hands on experience implementing Infrastructure as code (IaC) through Terraform is required.
- Cloud migration experience with AWS from on-prem is a plus.
- Scripting experience with Python or with other languages.
- Broad knowledge of current trends in information technology including practices supporting application delivery and engineering.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, financial, influencing and negotiating skills. Excellent day-to-day operating skills – ability to execute coupled with a disciplined approach and manage risk.
- Commitment to delivering a great customer experience with a personal and professional value system consistent with the culture and values of the Bank and FRS.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of business both verbally and in writing.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account
- Backup Child Care Program
- Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation, Days Sick Days, and Paid Holidays
- Pet Insurance
- Matching 401(k)