FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF SAN FRANCISCO
Our Work Protects the Dollars of Everyday Americans
AUDIT MANAGER – OPERATIONS
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
Why Work For The Fed?
At the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, we believe in the diversity of our people, ideas, and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
Are you passionate about mentoring and managing a team? Interested in an opportunity to partner with business areas, help provide strategic risk insight on their high priority objectives and initiatives? If yes – then read on!
Fulfilling Careers That Make a Difference
We like to say we work for the Fed, not at the Fed. That’s because the SF Fed is not just another employer or government agency. Here, you have the opportunity to become part of an important public service institution whose work touches lives across the globe. The thought of economic and monetary policies may lead you to think of the Federal Reserve as solely a banking organization. However, our work includes a broad range of disciplines.
We need you, a seasoned Audit Manager – Operations who will be responsible for developing a team who audits moderate to complex business environments including: Cash Operations, Law Enforcement, Facilities Management, District Business Continuity, and Workplace Services. You will also participate in strategic planning activities for the department including the development of the annual audit plan and setting department level objectives. As a valued advisor to management you will offer substantial insights on risks, effective practices, and efficiency recommendations.
Your people leadership expertise is instrumental for you to develop and lead a team of audit professionals responsible for planning, conducting, and documenting local District and System audits.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and develop a team of highly skilled auditors.
- Serve as a strong knowledge source for a single audit team across multiple Bank operations.
- Assist in developing the annual audit plan, execute and schedule audit engagements and other tasks approved in the 12-month audit plan.
- Perform audit work, review the output of subordinates, and ensure the completion of special projects assigned to the team.
- Ensure internal processes and governance are operating effectively to ensure reliability of compliance with procedures, regulations, financial reporting, laws and policies.
- Participate in or lead System audits or workgroups.
- Conduct meetings and interact effectively with Audit management and all levels of Bank management including Board of Governors, Treasury, and other regulatory agencies.
- Collaborate closely and gain exposure to other district’s audit teams expand your networking/system.
- Develop and deliver training to local and system audit.
- Complete annual business profile risk assessments for the Bank’s operations and functions.
- Assure timely and sufficient follow‐up activity on issues reported by Audit and external parties.
- Support preparation of material for Audit and Risk Management Committee and executive management, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Typically requires 7 + years of experience in the audit and compliance areas and 5+ years of management experience
- A proven leader who mentors and develops employees to their full potential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational, business concepts and risk/fraud assessment practices.
- Extensive knowledge of internal control systems applicable to Bank operations and functions, preferred.
- Ability to identify operational improvement needs and recommend solutions in multiple business areas.
- Expert knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditor’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF); and the Committee on Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) internal control and Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) risk assessment frameworks.
- Excellent consulting, interpersonal and communication skills, proven ability to establish collaborative team and client relationships.
- Broad knowledge of current trends in information technology including practices supporting application delivery and engineering.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, financial, influencing and negotiating skills. Excellent day-to-day operating skills – ability to execute coupled with a disciplined approach and manage risk.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and other computer‐ assisted auditing software products.
- (CIA) Certified Internal Auditor or (CISA) Certified Information System Auditor.
- Demonstrates broad‐based knowledge in various Bank functions, operations and Bank/Federal Reserve System policies.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account
- Backup Child Care Program
- Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation, Days Sick Days, and Paid Holidays
- Pet Insurance
- Matching 401(k)