FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF SAN FRANCISCO
Our Work Protects the Dollars of Everyday Americans
As the central bank of the United States, the Federal Reserve’s mission is to provide the nation with a safer, more flexible, and more stable monetary and financial system.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a true impact in the United States and beyond, the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco is the place for you. Our work protects the dollars of everyday Americans. At the SF Fed, you play an important part in ensuring the economic and financial stability of our country and our region.
Our team members’ financial, physical and mental well-being is of paramount importance to us. That’s why we offer a comprehensive suite of benefits to ensure you’re able to stay healthy, balance work with your personal life, and save for the future. Our benefits include a pension for a stable, guaranteed income in retirement.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Fully Paid Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account
- Backup Child Care Program
- Pre-tax Day Care Flexible Spending Account
- Vacation, Days Sick Days, and Paid Holidays
- Pet Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
WHAT WE DO
The Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco works hard to execute the Federal Reserve System’s supervisory policies within the Twelfth Federal Reserve District, which stretches across nine states in the Western US. We perform on-site examinations and off-site supervision activities to ensure that consumers are treated fairly in their financial transactions. Furthermore, our work promotes safety and stability in the operation of the financial industry. Below are some examples of our work:
- Safety and soundness examinations
- Consumer compliance examinations
- Surveying foreign banking organizations operating in the twelfth district
- Off-site supervising of banking applications and supervisory enforcement
- Risk monitoring and analysis of banking/policy issues and trends
- Credit risk management