Quality Specialist – Primary Care
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation. Central City Concern (CCC) maintains an excellent reputation in the community and is one of the largest nonprofit organizations in the Portland metro region. Learn more about what we do and how we do it at https://www.centralcityconcern.org/ccc.
The Quality Specialist is a key member of the Quality department, responsible for:
- Leading the development and implementation of quality improvement projects in CCC Primary Care, Pharmacy, and Client Access Services to increase efficiency, effectiveness, equity, safety, client-centeredness, and timeliness.
- In partnership with leaders, define priorities for improvement.
- Generating deliverables with a high degree of independence, demonstrating initiative and exercising professional judgment.
- Managing a framework and process for assuring visibility, accountability, and improvement for Primary Care, Pharmacy, and Client Access Services.
- Assuring continuous readiness for accreditation surveys and other site reviews.
Upcoming + Key Initiatives:
You will have an opportunity to lead and contribute to unique projects in this role, including:
- Practice transformative initiatives, supporting quality and innovation across our primary care continuum
- Population health programs to help the people we serve to thrive
- Access optimization projects, to assure timely access to care for new and established patients.
- Master’s degree in public health, public administration, social work, or another relevant field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience with quality improvement/quality assurance.
- Experience in a Federally Quality Health Center or other safety net setting.
- High level of computer literacy, including the ability to learn new applications.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
- If in recovery, must be abstinent from drugs and alcohol.
- Dedication to effectively partner with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations and treat each person with respect and dignity.
- Familiarity with Patient-Centered Primary Care Home (PCPCH) or Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) program.
- Lean/Six Sigma certification.
- Familiarity with Health Care for the Homeless FQHCs, other homeless services, and/or social determinants of health.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution.
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long-Term Disability Insurance.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities within this role. A full position description will be provided if invited to an initial interview.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.