Mental Health Counselor, QMHP – Imani Program
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s Imani Center is seeking a Mental Health Counselor, QMHP
You may qualify for a $3000 hiring bonus for this position!
The Imani Center provides culturally specific and responsive Afrocentric approaches to mental health and addictions treatment, peer support and case management. The Center also connects program clients to housing, employment and benefits support, and natural support systems within their own cultural community.
- Participating in culturally specific outreach efforts to engage prospective clients and connecting clients with community services and support
- Conduct and document Mental Health Assessments, including mental status exam, DSM diagnosis, and clinical formulation.
- Use culturally sensitive lens to guide all aspects of service delivery, ensuring that the impact of socio-political & cultural factors are consistently considered
- Master’s degree in a human services field and one year experience in mental health
- At minimum, must meet state guidelines for QMHP and be licensed/certified with appropriate board.
- Current CPR certification required
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Experience with culturally specific outpatient mental health services required.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit.
Benefits: Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution.
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long-Term Disability Insurance.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities within this role. A full position description will be provided if invited to an initial interview.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.