Data Analytics Manager
Central City Concern is an innovative nonprofit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty and addictions. We hire people that are skilled and passionate to meet our mission through innovative outcome-based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
CCC’s is seeking a Data Analytics Manager.
The Data Analytics (DA) Manager is the leader of the Data Analytics team. The position is responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating data analysis, business intelligence, and reporting systems. Through being a driven, amiable, analytical logic thinker, the DA Manager provides thought leadership to the organization by conducting analysis and research on the interplay between populations, interventions, industry trends, and policy. In addition, the DA Manager promotes a data-driven culture at Central City Concern by developing self-service data analysis tools and fostering the broad adoption of those tools. Finally, the DA Manager works in close partnership with executive, clinical, and operational leaders, the DA team, and the rest of IT to deliver strategically valuable analysis and business intelligence tools for data-driven decision-making.
Translate ambiguous problems into feasible analysis projects that provide answers to add value to support CCC’s strategic initiatives, client outcomes, business operations, and advocacy efforts
- Work with leadership, operations teams, and other stakeholders to create a vision for business intelligence and reporting solutions that address strategic goals and business needs
- Leverage cross-functional teams to develop business intelligence tools and operational reports to facilitate self-service data analysis for stakeholders
- Support cross-organizational initiatives to increase data literacy and use data in daily management and decision-making activites
- Manage data analytics team members to support strategic and operational objectives with responsibility for results, methods, and staffing
- Grow capabilities of the team and act as an advisor on the analytical approach, resolve technical problems, and remove obstacles for deliverables
- Mentor staff in best practices regarding data analysis, visualization design, and research methods
- A Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, computer engineering, or related field is required
- Strong quantitative analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and communicate information accurately
- Advanced knowledge of critical applications and tools, including Python, SQL, Power BI, Azure AD, Azure Cloud, Jira, or other agile management applications, is required
- A Master’s degree in business, data science, data engineering, or another relevant field is preferred
- Two or more years working in healthcare, social services, or community-based environments is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in data/business analysis, business intelligence, data science, or other analytic activities is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of statistics, including regression modeling, time-to-event analysis, cluster analysis, Bayesian analysis, and machine learning that provides the ability to apply this knowledge to real-world healthcare and social services situations, is preferred
- Knowledge and practice application of research and evaluation design, including experience with research projects leading to publication in peer-reviewed journals, is preferred
Central City Concern offers an incredible benefits package to our employees:
- Generous paid time off plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire. Accrual increases with longevity.
- Amazing 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution.
- 10 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays to be used at the employee’s discretion.
- Comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance coverage.
- Employer Paid Life, Short Term Disability, AND Long-Term Disability Insurance.
This description is intended to provide a snapshot of the work performed and is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities within this role. A full position description will be provided if invited to an initial interview.
As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
CCC values and celebrates diversity in race, heritage, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, and disability. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prioritize active inclusion of diverse staff.